Monday, July 18, 2016

Game of cards


I must begin saying that I have played the card game, Uno in last couple of months so much that it's more than what I've played in my entire life and that too considering all kinds of card games put together. Yes, it's no mere exaggeration. All thanks to my son, who will be turning 4 next month and to my wife. He loves the game so much that he's okay playing it for hours together. To test our patience to the last possible limit, he even requests for couple of rounds just before he goes to bed at midnight. He even teases us and makes naughty faces when he wins, which surprisingly happens most of the times. I mean, as if forcing us to play at midnight wasn't bad enough :)
Well, his liking towards card games started an year back when I introduced him self-made flashing cards to make him learn alphabets and numbers in a new interesting way rather than just make him write repeatedly. He used to guess the alphabets and numbers enthusiastically every time I flashed a card. And he in turn tested me by taking the cards and flashing at me. Later I proceeded with actual deck of 52 cards and play aimlessly with him. He used to like just placing his cards one by one at the middle by calling out the number and type of card aloud.
The main reason I thanked my wife at the beginning of the post is not just because she forces me to play Uno now but for the reason that she is the one who taught my kiddo this game in the first place. She regrets it even more when he forces her to play it when she is totally exhausted and bored of it :)

I remember, as a kid I never played any other card game except Wrestling cards. The deck of 52 was kinda forbidden in my house. My mom considers it gambling in plain terms and she made sure we never got those cards in our hands anytime. Me and my sister used to get scared seeing those cards in presence of my mom whenever we found them in others' place accidentally. Now I'm wondering what will be my mom's reaction on learning my son's liking towards cards including the 52 deck cards :-p

So, what's your story w.r.t card games? lemme know..

2 comments:

  1. i havent played uno yet but hearing a lot of good stuff about it from everywhere ! I think its ok to teach kids card games. Actually Board games a crazy popular and we love few of them too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, good thing about Uno is you can play with just 2 people. More the merrier.
    I agree. Currently we play couple of other board games as well. There is a game called 'chakka' which we used to play during our childhood.

    ReplyDelete