Monday, November 20, 2017

Hubballi Half Marathon 2017

Race category: Half Marathon (21.1 kms)
Timing: 2:24:38


I enrolled for the Hubballi Half Marathon mainly because it's in my hometown and to have a practice run for upcoming Mumbai Marathon in which I'm again running a HM.
The route was shared couple of days before the race and this route was something new to me even though it's my hometown. It was arranged in the outskirts of the city and to my surprise I found the route lovely for a long run. It started near the Hubballi Airport and continued towards the by-pass toll and then turn towards Unkal Lake via the outer small village and then back to the start point. Most part of the route was a tar road except a small stretch of mud road, which added excitement to the race. Few ups & downs at the starting/finishing section of the route made it little tougher as well. I liked this route more than the Bengaluru Half Marathon as this didn't have many turns and twists.
The organizers did a good job in having sufficient water points with enthusiastic volunteers who cheered the runners all though. 5K and 10K races were placed in such a way that the HM runners didn't have to go through excess crowd.

One more satisfying aspect was the fact that I paced my race better this time by not running above my average pace during the initial part due to which I was able to better my timing by more than 3 minutes. Yes, this is my PR, yehh :)
Though I was able to achieve better timing, I believe there is more room to improve.

Surely a race to consider adding to next year's calendar as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment