Monday, July 10, 2017

Bengaluru 10K challenge 2017

Race category: 10K
Timing: 01:03:44

The race carried a tag line: 'The tougher 10k' and it lived up to the expectations. The run was indeed tough with all the ups and downs.

I went into the run with a target of less than 65 minutes considering my previous run's result. But my plans changed when I was saw two pacers at the start of the race with 60 mins and 65 mins tags on their backs. Though I had plans for 65 mins, I decided to follow the 60 mins pacer. Yes, I thought of touching moon as plan-A and falling on a tree as plan-B if the attempt fails.
The route had a U-turn at 5 kms mark with more of slope than uphill in most part of the first half. I was able to keep up the 60 mins pace till the end of 6 kms but unfortunately, and quite obviously, the return route was more of uphill and daunting. I did a mistake of stopping for about 30 seconds to get comfortable breathing. But that made it more difficult to get back to my rhythm and required pace. I somehow continued and finished the race. I generally finish the races with a strong sprint at the end which I couldn't in this race.

I finished with a timing of 63 mins:44 secs. Though I couldn't finish sub-1, I am happy at least I improved my timing compared to my previous 10K this year :)

And btw, I wasn't happy with idli-wada-upma-sira breakfast which was served post race. I was like: what-the-... It would've been better if a comfortable breakfast like energy bar is provided along with energy drink and bananas. Next time, I will remember to carry my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment