Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cheers!!

hmm
Three of us at my friend's place on a Friday evening...
I guess we were done with our dinner and had decided to watch a movie. But before that, there was a need for something pleasing(though not for me).. which can be generalised as 'alcoholic beverage'.
There was it in few mins.. on the table with three classes.. though I refused to have(I am NOT trying to prove myself a 'bhola bhala' :) )
I was given a glass with whisky(.. I guess).

Hmm as a tradition.. the next step is to go for the friendly remark.. 'Cheers'

I joined the party in this step, the glasses went in air for a collision..
I tried to place my glass on table and oops..!
The next moment both my friends in loud voices said....
'Hey, you are not supposed to place the glass down without taking a sip.'

Hmm nice learning ;-)
so had a sip..(Plz believe me.. only a SINGLE sip).. I literally didn't like the taste..(same again)

After sometime, I went in the kitchen to have some water. I saw a bottle of water placed near the shelf. I asked my friend before drinking
'Is it ok to drink that water?'

He replied with tongue in cheek.. 'Yeah yeah.. you can of course'
With a doubt in mind, I drank it without giving a second thought.

Damn it!! My mouth started burning as I drank it.. My friends bursting out laughing..

Later I was told.. It was RUM (or was it GIN.. Have to contact that 'great friend' to clarify on this :))..

3 comments:

  1. see, it'll start like this only :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you portraying your self bhola bhala and then saying not doing it :P you are not at all bhola bhaala :) now to u are drinking everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, as i said i dont want to give that impression ;-) Oh plz.. dont tell 'everyday'.. but things have of course changed, now I dont say 'no' to it ;-)

    ReplyDelete