Saturday, June 27, 2009

Memorable May!

The month of May has always been very special to me as I celebrate my b'day in this month :). But this year it was special for many more reasons. Perhaps, overwhelming than special. Interviews, close friend's marriage, trek, headcount reduction and b'day being the reasons to be more precise.

Interviews:
Spent the whole time during the first week lazing around and simply planning for the trek which was nearing. But was stuck with a very difficult task on 6th.. to prepare for a telephonic interview scheduled for the next day. The interview did go well to some extend but surely was skeptical about receiving a call again from the interview panel. So for the next couple of days, I got busy with the execution of those plans which I had come up with for the trek. This mainly included shopping for necessary items for the trek and hitting the gym to save myself from the embarrassment at the camp if not fit enough. All of a sudden on 12th, I got a call from the same interview panel for the next rounds of interview, for which I was asked to travel to Bangalore. Now I was in a fix as I had to advance my travel plans to Bangalore by a day to make it to the interview and also to my friend's marriage which I had already planned for. Well, for the marriage there wasn't anything for me to prepare for but for the interview, I had to prepare well and for which I didn't have enough time. Nonetheless, going with the wind, I scheduled the interview just on the day before the marriage. So basically took a flight the immediate day of communication. Note that I still hadn't done my homework for the interview. I reached Bangalore on 13th night and rushed directly to my friend's place who stay close by to the company where I had the interview the next day. Well, I had this goofy idea of actually sitting that night for the preparation. But as we both were catching up with each others' recent events, he informed me about finding a gal for himself. Well, as everyone knows if there is a news of this amplitude there has to be talks! And my friend gave all the details about her and related stuff till 1am and then I realized that I still hadn't done any prep for the interview. I had to excuse myself from this topic and take books in hand for next couple of hours and I was dead tired after that. The prep wasn't up to my mark but had to deal with it. The next day fortunately the 3 rounds of interviews did go well and I actually made it. The HR guy's implicit remarks concluded that. But was told to wait for the final official confirmation.

Friend's marriage:
Later that day after the interviews, I managed to give a surprise visit to a good friend of mine who works in the same company. And after that, had a nice dinner with another friend before running to the railway station to catch a train to Davangere, supposedly the place where my close friend was getting married. The ceremony was grand and I had nice fun along with my few friends who accompanied me. Again, I had to run back to the station to catch a bus back to Bangalore. And let me not get into details about the problems in traveling with non-confirmed train ticket and a bus journey.

Trek:
Back to my same friend's place in Bangalore the same night and was off to the airport in the early hours the next morning to take a flight to Delhi to start my 11 days trek expedition. I had a great trek and was back to Hyderabad, my abode on 26th night. The next day, in the gym I noticed I had lost weight by almost 4 kgs but it was worth it!

Headcount reduction:
After 2 days, 28th precisely, we heard the much anticipated news of mass reduction in office. Well, along with around 80 others in that list I was affected as well. For the very first time I lost a job(please note, its my first job). I was not mad or tensed with the situation. You know why?! Because I had got the official confirmation from the other company the previous day and I had a job waiting for me. Well, that's called timing! what do you say?!

B'day:
31st May is my day. Had nice time celebrating with my friends who made it more special!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on ur new job !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. feeling so emotional to leave hyd???? i wonder why.....
    u must infact be happier to relocate to blore and feel mad at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nithya,
    Well, I havn't mentioned about missing Hyd here:) Lemme tell you, I am not a fan of Hyderabad city as such but surely will miss my wonderful friends here! :(
    And hell!! I am happy to move to Bangalore for more than one reason ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. naveen.. loved the pictures you put up with the events :) esp the delete one :)

    Well its now time to start second one.. and wishing you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the wishes Sheetal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm.. very nicely explained the events...

    ReplyDelete