Sunday, September 11, 2011

Shiva Trilogy



'The Immortal of Meluha' is the first book of the Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi. This book was strongly recommended by my friend who went all gaga about this book. With the initial details provided by my friend, I was skeptical about picking this up as this, I assumed, is a mythological book. But to my surprise, this proved to be quite a well written fiction. The actual mythological characters are revisited with a different and logical story. And that too without a loophole. I must say, its an impressive book. A true page-turning and a gripping narration.

'The Secret of the Nagas' is the sequel. I couldn't just keep my mind off this story. I had to read this immediately after its first book. Fortunately, I read the first one just before the sequel was supposed to be released. So without any delay in between I completed both the books in a stretch. I simply loved them.

Very much impressed by the author's style of writing. Would love to read more of his work. Guess, I have to wait for quite sometime as the final book is scheduled to be released only next year. Hmm.

P.S: Presently reading 'Love, Life & All That Jazz'

8 comments:

  1. How do you find time to read books man? Varsha should be keeping you busy .. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! My bus travel to office n back helps me :) Hope, this activity doesn't worsen my eyesight :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked on the comment section to ask the same question!!! How do you get time.. :)Hmm... bus travel... I catch up with my sleep and news paper there :D
    You have written good reviews... Will probably read those some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vinut, Bangalore traffic is helping me to read books, have a nap and also to catch up with new songs(Thanks to FM)
    Do read them and lemme know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ho... everybody has started taking public transport? what a big change! I am happy that there are a couple of less bikes on "pavements" now!!! ha ha... Must try my hands on the book Naveena...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nithya, lol. yeah, company transport zindabad :)
    And btw, I ride my bike on roads and not on pavements :-p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the concept is copied from S L Bhyrappa's "PARVA"

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Prabhu, Agreed! Now, I'm planning to read his translated version of 'Parva' by K. Raghavendra Rao

    ReplyDelete