Sunday, March 25, 2012

Night runner


Well, running in the early mornings and on the treadmill isn't new to me but surely was during night time. And that's exactly what I did tonight. Yes, for the very first time I ran at night time and to tell you it was really a pleasant experience.

These days, I feel a day should have more than 24 hours, may be just by an hour. I'm not able to accommodate the running activity in my kinda-busy days. Fitting-in running in the early hours of the day is getting difficult because I've to get ready quite early for my office cab at 7:15am. I need at least 75 mins for warming-up, running and for stretching and getting up at 5:45m seems to be big task, and that too on regular basis :)

Coming back to tonight's run, I ran slowly for 4 kms in 25 mins. I had taken off since couple of days because my new Nike shoes hurt my shin, bit-old pair of shoes have the soles worn out and the very-old pair of shoes arn't comfortable anymore. Don't imagine now, I don't have a big rack for my shoes :) Anyways, I decided to repair my bit-old shoes and run today until I buy a new pair. The run was relaxing and was through a commercial area with many restaurants, shops etc and few traffic signals. Many people gave me second looks as running during night time isn't a common practice. Mistakenly I landed up at the wrong side of the road at a signal and hence got few not-so-happy gazes. My bad. However, that didn't affect the overall nice experience of running under the stars and with light breeze.

I think changing the running routine in this way might help everyone to stay motivated. Nice change was it and I'm gonna continue this for few more weeks.

The route:

3 comments:

  1. wow!! I too need to start running and waking up early. Soon I say to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to get a MOTOACTV now :P :D
    It's for you type folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Smita, And I say, lemme know your experience :)

    @Amruth, Interesting product! Will check out the details further on that.
    BTW, when did you start advertising Moto products?? For a sec, I thought its that "someone" from Microsoft commenting on my post :-D

    ReplyDelete