Sunday, December 6, 2015

Nike Running

I've taken my running activity to the next level now. I ran only on Sundays in these last few months and now it's been more than couple of weeks and I'm running like every alternate day. Thanks to my new job that I can afford sometime for running in the morning comfortably. Will try to keep this way for next coming months and would like to join in any 10K or half marathons soon. Well, that's the whole plan and let's see how it goes from here.

Well, what's different this time is I'm logging my runs through Nike Running app. To be honest, I haven't tried any of these kinda apps before, but with this week's trials gave me a good impression about this app.




Few features of the Nike Running app which I liked are:
  •  Along with the distance ran and calories burnt (not of my interest) it gives the track/trail map along with the indicator or pace/comfort level. Provides options to pick the shoe worn during the run as well.
  • Divides the whole run into kms with details of time taken for each km and how it progressed.
  • Has facility to add friends to form a group and run. This would indirectly helps to keep up with the plan and motivates to improve.
  • After each run, lists down the achievements like ran the farthest, longest and fastest km. Basically some details to keep you motivated.
  • Has facility to play music on the go. This is for those who are particular about playing music while running. At least I'm not so keen about it so have not tried it yet but surely something to try in coming days.
Sure there is more to explore in this app and on different aspects of running to achieve the goal of half marathon or full. Hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment