Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm a professional farmer now!



Over the past few days, I have found myself spending considerable time farming and I am loving it! Well, not the real farming though.
Yes, as few might have already guessed it, I am talking about the application 'Farmville' in Facebook. It all started couple of months ago when my friend, Sheetal talked about this game. She was(& still is) very much excited about this game and mentioned that its a cool interesting game which she is enjoying from quite some time. Basically, I am not a guy who enjoys these kind of online games, so didn't bother to give a try then. But the talks n praise for the game didn't stop there. Another friend of mine, Nithya told me that she has found this game very interesting as well and only then I 'actually' thought of giving it a try. Many days passed by without getting online on Facebook and hence without any farming. After few days, I saw many of my colleagues busy in some kind of online game due to offload season in office(which is not the case normally!) which included a square pasture of land. On inquiry, I found its the same game which Sheetal and Nithya talked about. That's when I decided to go for it. I immediately logged into Facebook and owned a farm!
From then on, its all about plowing land, sowing seeds, harvesting, and handling cattle :) Along with all these activities, the game is made interesting with other tasks where in you gift your friends(& neighbors) with different kinds of trees, animals, decorative and etc. You get points(coins & XP) and move up the ladder in farming(levels). I enjoy this game mainly because of these things:
- This gives me some activity which I plan and perform like sow the seeds which will be ready for harvest after a day or two. Gives some kind of satisfaction ;-)
- This gives me a place where in I arrange stuffs in a way I like it. You tend to keep your farm live with different kind of harvests, animals and make it beautiful. This tells that I enjoy arranging items and making the place neat!
- This gives a place to send silly gifts to friends. I just sent a nice looking rabbit and a banana tree to my friends.
- I move up the ladder in farming and gives a nice feeling! :) Who doesn't feel good when moved to next level?!

This game has created quite a fuss in the media as well. Yesterday itself I came across an article in Times where I saw many guys(like me) saying the similar stuff. And moreover, I see many people around me talking these things:
- "Please remember to send me nice gifts like cows, pigs and maple trees!" Sounds ridiculous in real life :-D
- "Yeppie, I made it to the 15th level". And what about professional career? huh
- "Hurray, I just moved ahead to the next level when the fact is that you started farming before me". Look at this sense of achievement! :)

Frankly, I like the game and spend around 15 mins daily in it. If you havn't tried it, please do and let me know how you feel. And if you are already a 'Farmville' fan' let me know your level and your thoughts about it and and.. if possible share your farm snapshot :)

6 comments:

  1. oye....I ve concluded few things about you thro' the way u farm. Tel me if my findings are all true.
    1.Neat
    2.Discplined
    3.Organised
    4.Competitive - ofcourse!

    r u all the above or i ve mentioned way too far??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried my hands at any of these FB games - Farmville, Mafia War, YoVille, etc. Even after reading a very interesting discription, i still think the game would be uninteresting. But looking at the number of people hooked to it, looks like i should take a stab at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See I had told you :)
    by the way what about arranging stuff nicely - guess you meant only farm because your house doesnt reflect it :P

    And thanks for rabbit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Parul
    I see you are moving up. Good.

    @Prashant
    Yeah man, try it and lemme know what you feel abt it.

    @Sheetal
    Yeah, thanks for introducing me to this game.
    My present abode reflect it as well, just like the way my farm does! you are welcome to check :)

    @Nithya
    You are absolutely right! You have covered all my aspects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why have u removed ur wish bowl?

    ReplyDelete