Monday, November 2, 2009

Random things about me

I am tagged by Amruth to post 25 random things about me.

The rules being:
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. If I tagged you, its because I want to know more about you.

Here are the 25 random things about me:
1) I believe in the following quote - 'Be the change you want to see in the world'.
2) I enjoy getting totally involved in the movies I watch (This really pisses off few of my friends watching along with me because of the expletives exploding off my lips :-) ).
3) I am a big fan of 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' TV series.
4) I dream of completing a marathon or at least a half-marathon.
5) I dislike snakes. Or may be I suffer from
Ophidiophobia :(
6) I once won the first prize in 'threading-a-needle' competition :)
7) I follow an unwritten rule or policy of wearing formals on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays while casuals/jeans on Thursdays and Fridays to office.
8) I like to play cricket, badminton and table tennis.
9) The fastest speed ever achieved by me in my bike is 95 kmph and in a car is 105 mph.
10) The best character I have ever read about is Barney Livingston from the book 'Doctors' by Erich Segal.
11) I am a fan of Saurav Ganguly.
12) I love mathematics and once had plans to give tuition classes to school students during my graduation days.
13) I hate when people forget their mobile phones and hurry off without realizing the fact that their silly ring tones create nuisance. (An idiot who sits in the neighbouring row just did this.. huh)
14) I like Bengali sweets which I really enjoyed at lunch today.
15) I like to go around visiting new places meeting new people and knowing new things.
16) I try to learn a new word daily. But that seldom happens :(
17) I love dancing. And love it more when I am dancing well and have a nice partner ;-)
18) I wish to travel to all the continents expect Antartica as I don't see anything interesting there :)
19) I recorded a speed of 9 secs to type from A to Z. (Please give it a try sometime in Facebook)
20) I was once saved by my friend when I was drowning next to a nice water falls. Bad experience! I know.. (Hey, I am a good swimmer basically but was very tired to pull myself up in the deep waters :))
21) Immediately after my birth, I didn't cry(respond), so the doc had to slap couple of times on my little butts. One heartless doc I should say! (My mom narrates this story whenever I yell at her that I am not her real son :) )
22) I don't like blogging at office, but due to lack of work I am doing exactly that now!
23) My mobile number is 9740596642. (This is for all those beautiful single-ready-to-mingle girls in Bangalore. And believe me, many people have complimented me that I'm tall, dark and handsome :))
24) I like blogging but havn't been able to do in last couple of months :(
25) And I 'strongly' feel that commenting on the posts/articles you read is a good practice :)

I do not have 25 people in my list right now to tag as per the rules but would love to tag the ones in my list i.e. Nandy, Sheetal, Smita, Deepthi, Mummy bear and Anuji.

14 comments:

  1. Ok I am already following your no. 25 :)

    I laughed at 21 and 23 :) Typical Pappu :)

    As I told to amruth too, this self random things is not my area :) but will try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. smart pappu ...u kept the comment thingie as the 25th entry so that ppl dont go away w/o commenting;-) ... hopefully ur readers are samazdar and get ur ishara right ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sixth point is too gud :) First time i heard of such competition!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sheetal
    haha:) And yeah, plz give it a try this time

    @Ajoy
    oh yeah ;-) Its very much necessary to educate the readers you know :)

    @Renuka
    hehe.. yeah, it was different and nice. I had taken a nice lead to win it against all including aunties :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool mann. A very nice list. Now I know how to make you cry.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also a FRIENDS' fan :)

    :O @ 23

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Amruth
    sure. Try it and you will succeed only to realize what not to do in my case :-p

    @Sophi
    Welcome!
    Whoever watches FRIENDS will just fall in love with the characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, so u ve been getting birthday bumps right from the beginning ???? ;)
    Bengali sweeeets?? hm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @nithyastro
    hey.. now I know, how this b'day custom of 'bumps' came into existence (Guess, this kinda incidences have happened in the past in case of other greats as well). And later it evolved to be a custom for driving away the evil and bringing good luck :) *enlightment expression*

    ReplyDelete
  10. " I wish to travel to all the continents expect Antartica as I don't see anything interesting there :)"

    Susanta had something different to say. See http://managing-transition.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-i-know-now-that-i-wish-i-knew-when.html

    bullet# 10

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Prashant
    Well, I'll stick with my choice :)
    But would you travel to Antartica?

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm... interesting... good to see blog again... i will try to write those 25 :)
    shud take sometime off from office and write(most of the time i write posts from office... i get better ideas there)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was about to go away without commenting because I dunno wt to comment on a tag but 24th made me lol and 25th made me type this!!! :D

    Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @sweelie
    Will surely wait for your 25s.

    @Smita
    haha..
    Thanks :)
    It'll be nice to see your 25s as well.

    ReplyDelete