Sunday, May 27, 2018

TCS World 10K Bengaluru 2018

Race Category: 10K
Timing: 01:03:27

Disappointed! That's all I can say after the race.
With the past few week's practice and last week's Adidas training run's timing of 62 mins, I had set the target of under 60 mins for this race. But when I crossed the finish line, I realized I had finished it in about 63 mins, I was hugely disappointed.
I ran first 5 km faster than my usual pace and covered in about 28 mins. What I feel is that due to this faster pace during initial stage, I was unable to finish strong and hence the slower final timing.

Here is the result:



And since this was the only 10k I've planned for this year, the desire to complete in < 60 mins was stronger. Anyways, there is always next time.

BTW, I have registered for a Full Marathon scheduled for Oct'18. This will be my first FM and I'm eagerly looking forward to it. And I'm aware my training needs to be up to the mark to ensure a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment