Sunday, October 21, 2018

Shriram Properties Bengaluru Marathon 2018

Race Category: Half Marathon (21.1 kms)
Timing: 2:15:35

Well, the plan was to run a Full Marathon (42 kms) in this edition and I had registered for the same as well. But since my practice didn't meet the expectations for a Full Marathon, I decided to change this to a Half Marathon (21 kms) couple of weeks back.

The race started on a bright and clear sunny day at 6:45am with good turn up for the event. I had a Plan A which told me to run at a steady pace of 6:30 from the beginning till the end, and there was Plan B which told me to run dynamically based on how the body is feeling. Just after a kilometer, I decided to pursue with my Plan B and started off with a comfortable pace and regulate based on the intensity. And guess what, I was faster than my usual pace though out with this strategy. In fact, till the end of 16 kms, I was faster than my usual pace by well over 10 secs and that was something. 17th and 18th kms were slower due to higher elevation but ended my race with a personal best of 2:15 which is about a minute faster than my previous best ran in Mumbai this year.

Happy I managed to register my personal best again. Planning to raise the bar little higher during coming months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment