Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tata Mumbai Marathon 2024

Race category: FM (42.195 kms)

Timing: 04:56:52



It's with a mixed feeling I'm writing this post as I'm glad I could complete my 2nd marathon but at the same time sad that I couldn't produce a PB.

Well, here are few highlights:

  • A strange thing happened after the 37th mark i.e. Peddar road; I was able to run quite fast and maintain a good pace for 3 kms, but last 2 kms were terrible as I walked most part of it.
  • My plan was to run at constant pace between 6:25 - 6:30 to achieve somewhere at 4h 30m mark. I could achieve that till about 30 kms mark but after that I somewhat slowed down.
  • Due to all this, including the Peddar elevation, I clocked about 11 mins slower than my 1st FM which I ran last year at TMM itself.
  • During that last mile when I realized I couldn't achieve my PB, there was a feeling of taking it slow to avoid any strains or injuries. Not entirely sure if that was a right approach though. (Mind plays games during those phases, isn't it?!)
  • I'm still uncertain why I slowed down during 32-36 kms mark when I could run faster during 38 - 40 kms mark.
  • Post run, I felt comparatively better than what my state was the previous year. So my core & strengthening workouts would've worked well there.
That's about it. 

Not completely happy about it, but I found solace in my team captain's wise words:
"We have reached a state where running a full marathon successfully isn't an achievement anymore. We are looking to get fitter and finishing faster. And that is progress!"

No comments:

Post a Comment