Monday, July 8, 2024

Bengaluru 10K challenge 2024

Race Category: 10K

Timing: 01:01:48


Well, this didn't go as expected. I had plans to finish in 60 mins, considering I didn't have any practice whatsoever during the previous weeks. Frankly, I had only 4-5 runs in last month with a 10k run just the previous Sunday.

With that I set a realistic target of 60 mins. But the body did show the rustiness and I ended up with 61 mins 48 secs. Well, a minute and few seconds doesn't feel big enough for getting disheartened but a real runner would understand that. And this is 5 mins slower than my best timing of 56:33 recorded last year in the same race.

Not surprised actually with being slow as I was very much aware of lack of practice and strengthening sessions. Need to pull up my socks for the upcoming HM in October.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment