Sunday, September 18, 2022

My first practice HM

Category: HM

Timing: < 02:11:00


While I’ve completed few half marathons before, this was however my first practice HM run, and guess what?! I improved my PB by more than 4 minutes. Preparing for next month's Bengaluru Marathon and looking forward for it.
Highlights of this run:
  • First practice run which was more than a HM. Last week I had done a 20.5 kms run in 02:13:00
  • No stops at all in between, and this was very satisfying
  • For 16, 17 kms I could manage to keep a good pace, however I got little tired towards the end
These kind of runs will give a fair bit of an idea of what should be my pace in actual marathon races. Keeping this in mind, I will target anything of 02:06:00 i.e. a pace of 06:00 mins/km. 🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment