Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Shriram Properties Bengaluru Marathon 2022

Race Category: Half Marathon (21.1 kms)

Timing: 2:16:47

Firstly, I would like to mention that it felt good to run a HM after a long gap of 4 years, i.e. in an official race.

However, I'm slightly disappointed with the fact that I couldn't finish with the target I had in mind. Considering last month's practice run's timing of 02:11 and some extra push from running captain and peers, I kept a target between 2:00 and 2:05.

Guess, aiming for that ambitious target proved costly for me as I ran my first half of the race at a pace of about 5:40 and due to this I got real tired in the second part and ended up with an ordinary finish of 02:16, slower than my HM done in 2018 by a minute.

Learnt something, of course, with this experience: set a realistic target based on previous runs. Had I aimed for 2:06 to 2:10, I would have achieved I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment